When the soul wishes to experience something she throws an image of the experience before her and enters into her own image
Meister Eckhart, 12th century Christian mystic and poet
What is SoulCollage®?
Origins: Seena B. Frost (founder of the SoulCollage® model)
Defining the approach and its ingredients
The 4 suits
Neters (Core energies)
The 3 Stages of SoulCollage®
Metaphor of the meal as a description of the process
Some points to bear in mind for the reading stage:
- Our cards are for our own personal use only.
- We only ever read our own cards and avoid interpreting each other’s.
- We are our own best expert when interpreting our own imagery.
- However wise the perceptions of others may seem, the process of finding the meanings of our cards can be confused if others attempt first to offer their take on them.
Who are the workshops for?
- people from all backgrounds, including those who are comfortable with art and those too with absolutely no confidence in their creative skills, who seek intuitive, relaxing ways to increase self-acceptance, self-discovery and personal empowerment. Both will benefit equally.
- therapists and those in helping professions seeking CPD to support and complement their professional work, particularly those with an interest in applying creative processes to their practice
- anyone who enjoys the magic of cutting and pasting
- anyone who wants to embark on the adventure of collage to discover imagery which taps into their unique store of inner wisdom
- anyone who seeks to nurture their soul
- a safe, empathic, non-judgemental group setting to give you the focus and support to get the very best out of each of the three stages of the Soulcollage® process (making, journaling with and reading the cards)
- a culture of creative stimulation giving you the freedom to maximise your focus and depth of exploration as you first configure and then dialogue with your own unique set of SoulCollage® cards.
“Having used collage a great deal previously, I was intrigued to encounter the SoulCollage® approach... After feasting my eyes on the sumptuous banquet of gorgeous images provided and shared, my eyes finally rested on the one image calling me. So began a journey that still unfolds. I can’t express the enormity of the subtle power unveiled and learning gained in using this approach. That, and your wonderful gentle on-going support, sums up the weekend for me.” (Course participant)
“I really enjoyed the making of the cards – it gave me a lot of creative pleasure. I don’t want to minimise this aspect of the process- I found it a deeply enjoyable thing to do. Reading the cards gave me some important insights into a current life issue – it wasn’t that a solution was offered to a very difficult situation but a wiser approach as to how I might be with it… I would love to do more of this.” (Course participant)
Until May 2018 only, we are offering a range of weekend workshops in this approach, including an introduction in September 2017, and a series of follow up weekends to deepen the approach. (See dates/booking/contact page).
Dinah Brown, lead facilitator assisted by Amy Williams
Reading and further information
You can also access more detailed information, see video demonstrations and order materials on www.soulcollage.com.
Link to Principles of SoulCollage®
Dinah Brown MA, BACP Accredited Counsellor
Workshops and Training in
Expressive Arts Therapy and SoulCollage®